Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Watermelon, Mango, and Argula Salad with Lime, Honey, and Feta Dressing

I first saw the recipe for this salad on television -- the Today show, I think -- and I was skeptical. But the chef said that watermelon has a "special affinity" for arugula, unlikely as that might seem. So I thought I'd give it a try. My sister Marian was in town and bringing her son William over to swim...Marian is a vegetarian and one of the few foods William liked was watermelon, so this seemed like a good recipe for them. It was delicious! I put each ingredient into a separate plastic bowl and let each person compose their salad themselves...for William I had some plain cheese so he could have just cheese and watermelon. It was the perfect supper for a hot summer evening by the pool, and much more filling than I would have thought.

Watermelon, Mango, and Arugula Salad

I bought the watermelon and mango already cut up at the grocery, and then chopped further into bite-sized pieces.  Washed and chopped the arugula. Served a bed of arugula topped with watermelon and mango, with a little crumbled feta.

Lime, Honey, and Feta Dressing

Combine olive oil, lime juice, and honey to taste...it really depends on the size and acidity of the lime and the type of olive oil. Add salt and white pepper, and a little feta cheese. Whisk well. Chopped mint is nice, too.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a recipe for a similar salad that used spring greens instead of arugula and added shrimp...looked good...I may have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete